Thursday, September 4, 2008

Time for a change

Last weekend while visiting my family in Albany, New York, I noticed some leaves on the tips of the trees starting to change. While some people look forward to the end of the summer heat, when I lived there, the onset of fall gave me nothing but a sense of dread. I knew what was soon to come: a long, cold, winter.

It's a whole different story, living here in Las Vegas. The seasons are changing, to be sure; the days are noticably shorter and the average daily temperature has dropped to about 98. It will still be a while before I break out the socks and sweaters, and though I can't say I look forward to putting away my sundresses, the winters here are hardly anything to whine about. But I do welcome that sense of "summer's over, back to business."

The world (okay, the northern hemisphere) seems to be on hold from Memorial Day to Labor Day. I've had enough--I'm ready to get back to it. Correction: I'm ready for something entirely different. Maybe it's time to shake the Etch-a-Sketch of life again.

Yep, that's it. Big changes ahead...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh, another shaking of the Etch-a-Sketch. My only question: Who or what is getting shaken out this time?

Lisa McGlaun said...

Linda,

I had the same reaction as Deb..uh, oh. Just don't say your moving..that's all, you can't move away.

Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, life is short and I'm open to every possibility that is for my highest good...