Hey, tomorrow marks the one-year anniversary of my first blog post. As I’ve been looking through this collection of crap, I’ve been thinking how surprised I’d be if the Linda Blackwell from 10 years ago were to look into the future and read the posts of the past year.
Man, I’d have a lot of questions and commentary:
1. I live in Las Vegas? How the hell did that happen?
2. What??? I’ve done stand-up comedy? In front of people?
3. I wrote a book called Bastard Husband: A Love Story? Wait, Chris wasn’t a bastard… oh, no! Did I get married again?
4. I had essays published in books? Oh… one of them is Chicken Soup for the Divorced Soul. Shit.
5. Beautiful Aunt Joyce is dead? No! No! NO!
6. Guiding Light has been cancelled? Bastards!
7. Hey, I don’t look too bad for 51.
8. I weigh 138.5? What the hell? (Note: “WTF?” wasn’t invented yet.)
9. Oh, so Mom and Jim got married… cool. But they live in Boise???
10. Wow, I sure have a good looking boyfriend.
11. Courtney plays the guitar and is a singer-songwriter, too? Like Christopher?
12. Oh, I see I haven’t gotten over my bird phobia.
13. Oh, I see I haven’t gotten over my obsession with Beverly D’Angelo.
14. Oh, I see I still hate going to work every day.
15. Yay! I finally got to see Leonard Cohen in concert!
16. I lived in Laramie, Wyoming? And UTAH?
17. I knew I’d still have my Saturn!
18. We have a black president?
19. Who the hell is Sarah Palin?
20..What the f*ck is Twitter? Is that Sarah Palin’s nickname?
How about you? What would your self from 10 years ago say upon looking at your life today? What would be the biggest surprise?