Yes, Courtney Blackwell Rice is 31 today! I should say that her brother turned 32 just three weeks ago, but since Christopher’s a private kind of guy, I let him enjoy his day out of the spotlight. Court, however, is more “out there” like me (the acorn didn’t fall far from the tree), and so there’s no way I’m passing up the opportunity to roast her a bit.
If you've read my previous posts about my daughter, you know she's a trip and a half. Today I want to share some little known tidbits about our girl's early years.
1. Courtney wanted only one thing for her kindergarten graduation: a slave.
2. I swear she used to yank her teeth out just for the bounty from the tooth fairy. She’d want something in the store and if I said no, then lo and behold, the next day she’d present a tooth so she could buy it with her own money.
3. When she was a tiny kid in the car seat, she'd push her little plastic horn and shout, “Beep, beep, asshole!” I don’t know where she learned that.
4. A few years later, I heard her say, “You asshole children!” behind her closed bedroom door, and in the most authoritarian tone. I busted in to see what the hell was going on to find her in one of my dresses standing at her chalkboard. “What?” she asked, so innocently. “I’m just playing school.”
5. As you can see, one of Courtney’s favorite pastimes was to re-enact the classic “And that’s all I need” scene from The Jerk.
Happy Birthday, angel! (Or, “angle” as you would spell it.) I love you!