Thursday, April 15, 2010

Awaiting the arrival of Baby Rice

I stole this photo of Courtney from my sister Lori’s facebook page.


Cool shirt, huh?

Courtney’s going to pop any minute now. Her due date is Saturday. I can’t wait to see what it is (no one except the doctor knows the baby’s sex) and what it will be named. As I mentioned before, John and Courtney haven’t shared the names they picked out; Connor is the only one who’s hip to that info and he’s been great at keeping the secret. The only hint Courtney gave me is it definitely won’t be named Minute.

I’m crazy with excitement! I can’t wait to get my hands on this kid.

As some of you have figured out, I’m planning on heading back east soon. Between the new baby and the fact that Connor’s 11 and probably won’t want to hang out with Granny much longer, this seems to be the perfect time to go back and reconnect. I’ve been away for nine years—one in Wyoming, one in Utah, and seven in Las Vegas. I’ll give you the details of my master plan in Saturday’s post, but I can tell you right now I’m NOT moving back for good! Hell, no. Cold weather is not my scene.

I’ll keep you posted on the arrival of Baby Rice. Hopefully there will be a breaking newsflash soon!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

But, once you see that sweet precious baby, you may not want to go home!!

I'm excited for all of you! Connor is going to be a big brother.

Please make the big announcement when Baby Rice arrives.

Hurricane Mikey said...

I think they should name it 'Jasmine' if it's a girl.

And if it's a boy, the obvious choice is 'Basmati'

Tara said...

YAY, such great anticipation here. This was the exact place I was in last year at this time. Sadly, my little guy wasn't going to make an appearance on his own (must have been too comfy in there) so on the 17th I was induced!

As for your heading back east, there's something to be said for just wanting to be around family. As much as mine pisses me off, I can't imagine them not being close. Go have fun being a HOT Granny :)
Love ya!

Julie D said...

I still say girl. Text me as soon as she goes into labor!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Courtney looks amazing - i just loved being pregnant and think pregnant women are so beautiful. I can't help but smile when I see one - just knowing the journey they are on!
Love the Minute joke - we heard a lot of Rice name suggestions when we were expecting.
This is an amazing time - I know you will enjoy every second with your grand kids!

Anonymous said...

How 'bout "Wild" for the baby's name.

gayle said...

I am so behind you probably already have news!! I think you are very very smart moving back to be with the grands!! They grow up so fast!!