Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Halle Berry story--do you believe it?

I pulled this off the AOL news feed the other day. Okay, yes, I still have an AOL account. In my defense, it’s not my only or primary email. Oh, who cares. Look at this:
Halle Berry is reportedly splitting from model Gabriel Aubry, ending a five-year relationship. The couple has a 2-year-old daughter, Nahla Ariel Aubry.

"They've worked out a financial and custody deal. They spent months hammering out a deal with a lawyer," RadarOnline.com reports.

Although we have yet to hear from either beautiful celebrity's camp, Radar's source says the couple's age difference -- he's 34, she's 43 -- played a big part in their split.
The couple’s age difference played a big part in their split???

[Channeling Stewie Griffin] Say whaaaaaaaat?

Nine years is a big age difference? Okay, a 20-year-old should never be with an 11-year-old; I think we’re in agreement about that. But Jesus H, Bastard Husband was 34 when I met him and I was almost 43 and… well, that didn’t work out, but it wasn’t because of the age difference.
"Gabriel just felt it wasn't working anymore," Radar's source says. "When they were first together, the 9-year age difference between them didn't phase him, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever dated and he was totally in love. But as time went on he started feeling it more and more. Also, Gabriel started noticing other women and being attracted to others, and he felt it just wasn't right to stay with Halle in those circumstances."
You gotta be kidding me. As time went on, he started feeling what? Started feeling sick of looking at the most beautiful woman on the planet?

Jesse James called; he wants his douchebaggery back.


Wait, wait, wait. Maybe we should give this guy the benefit of the doubt. Surely radaronline.com is full of shit. If you’re banging Halle Berry, wouldn’t you be spending every waking minute praising Jesus, Buddha, and Allah? Hell, I’ll even throw in Joseph Smith. Who could be so stupid, so unappreciative of what he has? Who? I ask.

Oh. Tiger Woods.

My grandmother must have said a thousand times, “Men are pathetic creatures, dear.” I don’t believe that; I know tons of men who are cute, sweet, caring, loving, funny… going straight to heaven. But jeez, Granny was right about some of them. Stupid boys.

Still, this story is a little tough to believe. Do you buy it? I don't think I do.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't buy that story. On E last night they said it was her that ended it. And then today on the gossip channel I listen to locally they said the same thing, as well as he is fighting for custody of their daughter and wants to take her back home to Canada. So it will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Apparently she has two drunk driving arrests and has sucicial tendacies. So we shall see. I love her though. I think she's an amazing actress and down right beautiful. It's hard to believe what you read or hear.

Tracey said...

I agree, Halle probably had enough of his immaturity. I've seen this happen a lot, it's white hot for a while and then you realize your really don't have anything in common besides mind blowing sex.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

I betcha that's it--she had enough of him and now he's saying she's old and ugly. Hmmm... yeah, that makes more sense.

@dle: For some reason, your comment didn't post. Just don't want you to think I'm dissing you. Hell, no!

Julie D said...

My favorite phrase is "If I looked like Halle Berry, I wouldn't need a man. All I'd need is some candlelight, a glass of wine and a full length mirror." LOL

Vegas Linda Lou said...

BAH-HA-ha! That's hysterical!

K A B L O O E Y said...

We definitely don't have the full story. You never know what's going on in people's homes, but she doesn't have a very good track record of picking the good ones, I don't think. Christy Brinkley keeps getting cheated on by husbands too. WTF? And I agree with Julie; I'd do it for me too if I were she. Or something like that.

Bar L. said...

Oh BROTHER! HELLO? Nine years? Nine years? This is a silly story. I agree with you and your granny about men. I hope this guy never gets another date in his life IF he truly did leave her because of the age thing. (btw, I am still seeing that guy who is half my age. More than half actually.)

Krissyface said...

he started getting attracted to other women, so he didn't think it was fair to his wife, so you know, he just ended their marriage.

Um, hi. Gabriel. Welcome to BEING A HUMAN. You think Halle didn't want to screw around with the millions of dudes that threw themselves at her and sent her fan letters and snippings of their pubes in the mail every day? (what?) But she made a choice (as far as i know), to be monogamous and faithful to her husband, b/c they made a friggin deal to do that. Gross.

Wow, I don't know where that came from.