Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm insane (what else is new?)

Forgive me, but I don't have time to write a proper post today.  I have to put the finishing touches on a speech and I really want to knock this one out of the park; this will probably be the largest audience I've spoken to yet.  Plus, I'm leaving for Albany tomorrow and have to do all that's associated with a 10-day trip to a place where God knows what the weather will actually be.  And oh, yeah... those pesky taxes still need to be completed.

Remember how I used to get blotches all over my neck every time I did stand-up?  They're baa-aack.  By tomorrow afternoon I'll have it all behind me; I can't wait till the flight attendant hands me that first cocktail.  Yes, I said "first."  (I have drink coupons, too--yay!)

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone in Albany.  Sunday is beautiful granddaughter Hazel's first birthday! Can you believe it?

All together now:  Aaawwww!


I can't wait to get my hands on her--I bet she's grown a lot since I last saw her in  January.

Hey, for those of you in the Albany area, I'll be doing a set Saturday night at Duke's Pub in Glenmont.  Show starts at 8:30.  The Albany comics are a great bunch and my buddy Dave Kanyan runs a fun stage.  Hope you can make it!

And if you're in Vegas, why not stop by the Stephens Press cocktail party tonight to celebrate the launch of the Las Vegas Writers Conference?  It's at 7:00 at Sam's Town in the Virginia City conference room.  It's free and open to the public and, um... you'll recognize one of the speakers.  Fingers crossed that I do well! 

I'll let you know how it goes.  And there's another blotch...

6 comments:

Julie D said...

OMG that little face is so serious! You've gotta get a shot of her laughing. She does laugh right? She's not that old of a soul is she???

Have a great trip!!!! Wave as you fly over Ohio!

Tara said...

Aww, such a serious picture! Be sure to take one when she's got cake splattered all over her face and she's having fun. Little E turns 2 on Sunday. Damn they get big so fast!!!

Debbie said...

That baby is adorable! She looks just like a cabbage patch baby! too cute. good luck with your speech and i'm sure you'll knock 'em dead in Glenmont. I hate you cause your successful and funny ...

XOXO
Deb

P.S. I don't really hate you. i worship at the altar of you.

Bar L. said...

Just sat here and caught up on about 6 posts. Sorry I have not been around. Loved the balls to the wall post, needed that one. You are still, and always will be, my hero! Can't believe Hazel is one. I may need to pick your brain on some stuff soon. Kev is back up the river in the big house. I'm still unemployed and manless. But you know what? I'm doing good :)

Donna B. said...

YOU DID EXCELLENT, as usual, but were exceptionally witty and charming. It was wonderful seeing you and Lisa.

Safe travels and kiss little one year old Hazel for me.

I Hate to Weight said...

hope all went super well. as always, you inspire me.

Gorgeous Hazel really does look like you!

enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.