Monday, December 17, 2012

Nothing more to say

When I worked at the GE world headquarters in Fairfield, Connecticut, I would drive from Albany through Newtown every Sunday night and would return on Friday afternoon.  My work buddy Bob, whom I talk about quite a bit in my book, lived there for several years with his family.  It's exactly the type of place you'd envision moving to if you were looking for a tight-knot community that offered a kinder, gentler way of life.

You're already on major overload with information about last week's tragedy and everybody's opinions on why it happened and what should be done to prevent something like that from happening again.  I won't add to that.  Those of you who've been reading my stuff for a while already know what I would say.


It's all so sad.

6 comments:

Dangerous Linda said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment at Dangerous Linda -- I have responded. XOXOXOXO

Dangerous Linda said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment at Dangerous Linda -- I have responded. XOXOXOXO

Joanna Jenkins said...

Heartbreaking-- that's all I can say.
This is a beautiful photo.
xo jj

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Joanna, I used to pass this flagpole on my way to and from work in Fairfield. It's all just so unbelievable.

Memphis MOJO said...

I've heard it called a tragedy, but that doesn't begin to describe it.

Mimi said...

Words can't describe how awful this is, but know that we are thinking of everyone.