Linda Lou is baby-boomer comedian, author, and humorous public speaker who has performed on stages and spoken to groups nationwide. Her observational humor ranges from corporate and family-friendly to adults only. Linda Lou is also skilled emcee/host with a keen sense of timing.
A corporate trainer with over 20 years of experience, Linda Lou is a consummate professional. In addition to performing stand-up comedy, she speaks regularly about writing and topics relating to business and self-empowerment.
Stand-Up Comic – Select recent performances
- Frequent performer, Comedy After Dark at the LVH (former Hilton), Las Vegas, NV; 2012
- Emcee, fundraiser for Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Las Vegas, NV; 12/2012
- Feature, The Varsity, Boise, ID; 10/2012 – opened for Michael “Wheels” Parise
- Headliner, fundraiser for St. Anne Institute Alumni Fund, The Lynda Performing Arts Studio, Albany, NY; 8/2012 (Sold out 170 seats)
- Guest spot, Liquid Laughs, Boise, ID; 5/2012 – Won contest to open for Gabriel Rutledge
- Headliner, Comic Syndrome Comedy Club, Albany, NY; 3/2012 (Record-breaking sellout show)
- Frequent performer, Las Vegas Comedy Show at Alexis Park Resort, Las Vegas, NV; 2010, 2011
- One-woman show, “The D Words: Dating, Divorce and Other Delights,” Alexis Park Resort, Las Vegas, NV; 2010 (25 performances)
- YouTube clip: “Linda Lou Live!”
Author/ Motivational Humorist
- Prolific blogger with international following (www.vegaslindalou.com)
- Author, Bastard Husband: A Love Story (ISBN 978-0981979601), 2009; Aging Nymphs Media LLC. Humorous memoir balancing edgy comedy with unexpected poignancy; a tale of starting over alone in Las Vegas following a midlife divorce.
- Contributor – humorous essay, “Post-Divorce Dating,” Chicken Soup for the Soul: Stories of Divorce and Recovery (ISBN 978-1935096214), 2008; Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing LLC
- NPR essayist – "Baby Gadgets for the Car," WAMC, Northeast Public Radio; 2011
- Monthly columnist, www.Living-Las-Vegas.com; 2008 – 2009
- Co-host, Aging Nymphs Internet radio show; 2008 – 2009
- Contributor – slice-of-life essay, Writers Bloc III: A Las Vegas Valley Author’s Showcase (ISBN: 978-1934051498), 2010; Mystic Publishers
- Contributor – humorous essay, “Till the End,” Patchwork Path: Grandma’s Choice, (ISBN 978-0981664316 30), 2008; Choice Publishing Group, LLC
- Vice President, Henderson Writers’ Group, Las Vegas, NV; 2006 - 2008
- Faculty member, Las Vegas Writer’s Conference, 2007, 2008, 2009; featured speaker, 2011
- Frequent panelist and panel moderator, Clark County Library System, 2007 – present
- "Are Middle-Aged Women Invisible? Not in Las Vegas!"
- "Single in Sin City"
- "Help for Coping with the Loss of a Relationship"