Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Recording went well!

I recorded all three essays I submitted yesterday and was in and out of the studio in less than 20 minutes. Whew! The producer, Sarah LaDuke, put me at ease immediately and couldn't have been more patient. She said the digital recording technology makes it super easy to edit, and that if I mess up, just take a breath and start the sentence over. Which is what I did. Sometimes again and again.

The spots aren't scheduled; they'll air when they have a gap in the programming they need to fill for a few minutes. Sarah said she can usually give a day's notice as to when they'll air, and they'll be available as podcasts on the WAMC website. I told her I have plenty more where they came from; I'd love to record again. Yay.

2 comments:

Tara said...

YAY for you! How awesome!

Bar L. said...

Wow, how cool. I never know what you'll be up to next!~!! I want to hear it!