Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fantastic holiday... and the fun will continue

Wow, the Northeast has been having amazing weather!  It was positively glorious for yesterday's St. Patrick's Day parade in downtown Albany.  I can remember so many years of standing there freezing our asses off, but yesterday we roasted in the sun.  Although I've had a couple of memorable parade days in my new hometown of Henderson, NV--including one with my pal Hurricane Mikey--it sure was good to celebrate the holiday with old friends and family, in a place with a lot of history to me.

Here's a pic of me and my grandson, Connor, outside the McKownville Fire Department, where our pre-parade festivities began.  Can you freakin' believe how big that kid is?  He's 5'8" now!  I must be standing in a hole, because I'm almost 5'5" (I say that like there's a chance I might still grow) and I'm wearing heels, too.  (Of course.)


Oh, man, I love that kid--he's my bud.  We must have watched 10 Family Guy episodes together this visit.  Yep, making memories with Granny...

Here I am at the parade with my college roommate, Patty.  It's hard to believe it's been 36 years since we shared at dorm room at the State University of New York at Plattsburgh. 


Funny that we still have the same hair color... It was also the same color back in 1976--dark brown.

There were a bunch of us watching the parade from this vantage point, the New York State Education Building. 


Man, you don't see architecture like this in Las Vegas.  Amazing. 


When my sister Lori and I were kids, Beautiful Aunt Joyce used to take us here to visit the NYS Museum, before it moved into the Empire State Plaza.  Memories...

Hey, look who's marching in the parade.  That's my nephew Andy next to Connor, and Lori peeking from behind. 


I've had a blast being back in Albany and have packed in a lot of fun.  I've also packed on a few pounds--that dreaded middle aged spread is coming back.  That's okay; I head back to Vegas tomorrow afternoon and will get back into my low-carb diet, and I'll be dancing again.  And yay!--Courtney and Hazel will be coming with me, so the good times will continue with them for another week. 

Hope you're having fun as well, and if you're on the eastern half of the country, get outside and enjoy this record-breaking weather!

P.S.  Thanks for all your comments on the clips from my show last Saturday night.  That seems so long ago now!

3 comments:

raydenzel1 said...

It is nice to see someone have such a good time. I love the bar-beer picture!

ray

Mimi said...

Gorgeous pics, Linda, and looks like a right blast.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!
I haven't looked at those videos yet, cos I refuse to until I have a quiet moment to enjoy them to myself. In the meantime, i'm looking forward to them.
Lovely to read how much you love your grandson, and no way do you look old enough to be his grandmother. Seriously.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Thanks, Ray! And God bless you, Mimi!