Thursday, November 17, 2011

Accidentally trendy

Has anyone noticed that my "I'm an a-hole" label (right column) has 42 associated posts?  And there are probably just as many posts that I simply forgot to tag.  There's just no denying it; I'm an a-hole.  Here's more evidence.

So look at me all trendy-like with the skinny jeans ripped at the knee.  I must have paid a fortune to achieve this incredibly hip look, right?


Um, no.  I got these jeans at Target for about $15.99.  And the knee peeking through is the result of a fabulous fall I took a couple of weeks ago.  It wasn't nearly as dramatic as when I fell and got a rug burn at work (Reason #427 why I make an awesome co-worker), but it was impressive nonetheless.

I was leaving the Las Vegas Valley Book Festival, which was held at the historic Fifth Street School in downtown Las Vegas.  I walked off a curb I totally didn't see (it wasn't next to a street or anything) and took a good tumble--my chin even grazed the sidewalk.  I scraped my knee--big deal.  A security guard rushed over and said, "Ma'am!  Are you all right?" and I was like, "Yeah, I just wish I had more of an audience.  Did anyone else happen to catch that?" 

You and I both know it can be hilarious when somebody falls (and they're not seriously hurt).  I was laughing and was hoping the security guard could get some joy out of my fall, but he was all serious and attentive.  Just doing his job, I suppose.  The best part is, if you know me, you know I walk around all smiley and confident--head high, shoulders back and down--like I own the freakin' world.  It had to be funny as hell to see me land on the sidewalk in a heap. 

I'm going to be a blast when I get old, don't you think?  I'd better stock up on those "I've fallen and I can't get up!" necklaces now.

P.S.  A few of you have been asking me about Hurricane Mikey.  I passed the word on to him and he posted a little something yesterday.  All is well!

4 comments:

raydenzel1 said...

Everyday is an adventure with you Linda!

Anonymous said...

Well, I am sitting here lmao and I didn't even see you fall...but I can certainly picture it! Brought me some joy this morning (only because I know you are alright). Thanks.

Anonymous said...

LOL I am glad you're okay! You certainly are trendy though. :-)

Donna B. said...

Glad you are OK and did not break anything or throw anything out... just stopped by to say HI...am meeting girlfriends down on the Strip to dine, see LION KING and have a slumber party before they leave to return to Tucson...hugs and kisses girlfriend!