Saturday, October 11, 2008

What's happening in Lindaland

I have a lot going on these days, in my creative life, anyway.

Wednesday night marked the first Aging Nymphs broadcast with my new co-host--my Harley-ridin' sister, "Lori Biker." This weekly Internet radio show airs at 8 p.m. Pacific time, 11 p.m. Eastern on www.blogtalkradio.com/agingnymphs. It’s a light, kind of silly, gabfest by and for women who act somewhere between their age and their shoe size. Surprisingly, many, if not most, of our listeners seem to be men. The show’s a vanity project, but it doesn’t require much effort and truly brings me joy.

Also on Wednesday, my latest article posted on http://www.living-las-vegas.com/. This is a neat website that provides a perspective of what it’s really like to live in Las Vegas from the viewpoints of ten local writers. I’m honored I was chosen to be one of those ten.

Thursday after work I stopped at Barnes and Noble and for the first time, I could walk into a book store and actually see something I've written in print! I have a short essay on my misadventures in post-divorce dating published in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Divorce and Recovery. Though it’s not exactly the book I always dreamed of contributing to, I really am proud to be included in this anthology. (But why did they have to put a bird on the cover?) It’s a feather in my cap (d'oh!) as I build my author’s platform, which I’ve talked about in a previous blog.

Next Friday night at 9 p.m. I’ll be doing a set at the Royal Resort on Convention Center Drive, just off the Las Vegas Strip. Sometimes I still have to pinch myself; I do stand-up?

On top of all this, yesterday I got an email from an agent from a very prestigious literary agency in New York. He says my memoir “certainly sounds like a gem” and he’d like to see the first 50 pages. I’m cautiously optimistic; I’ve had previous requests for partials that never panned out, and this agent admits that “the memoir market is especially difficult at the moment.” But still, it’s a step in the right direction. Keep your fingers crossed!

So yeah, creatively things are coming together. Now it’s time for work life and the love life to get in gear…

No comments: