Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

If you've been following my blog for a while, you know I'm not big on Thanksgiving (and even less big on Christmas, which is a post for another time).   Don't get me wrong--I'm aware during most of my conscious moments how lucky I am.  I'm thankful every day--period. You know how people refer to New Year's Eve as "amateur night"?  That's how I feel about Thanksgiving. Plus all that food makes me nervous. 

Damn, I'm such a Scrooge.  But I really do hope you've all enjoyed the holiday!

Thanksgiving time in Las Vegas
I'm not going to be able to post on Saturday; I'm driving to L.A. tomorrow and will return on Sunday.  I'm going to visit my friend Nina--the "Mona" character in my book.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to post something Sunday night. You know me--I can't get enough of the road.

Enjoy your long weekend!

2 comments:

Lori Biker said...

You made another year toward your goal of dying without having cooked a turkey! You are a total opposite of me at Thanksgiving in the area of food. I love to cook it and I love to eat it. We do, however, have in common how thankful we are for the people we have in our lives. I don't know what I would do without you!
Don't miss me too much this weekend as you drive yourself around.

Donna B. said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too...have fun visiting Nina (Mona). I wish I could have your figure...but I'd miss food too much.