Saturday, December 11, 2010

Four generations then and now

Hey, take a look at these pictures.

Four generations then...


That's me sitting on my grandmother's lap.  Mom is on the right; her grandmother is on the left.  Since I was born in October of 1957, I'm guessing this was taken in late 1958. 

And four generations now...


This was taken on October 29, the day before our road trip back to Vegas.

Take a look at that first picture again.  My mother was 24--okay, that I can believe.  But my grandmother was only 46, and my great-grandmother was in her late sixties

In the second picture, Courtney's 31, I'm 53, and my mother is 76.  We're all about 7 years older than the mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother in the first picture!

Are people in general aging better these days, or do black and white photos make them look old?  I think we're definitely aging better.  What do you think?

6 comments:

Laurie Stringer said...

How beautiful!

Mandy said...

I think you're aging sexier! You all look great - four generations of beautiful women! :-)

Happy Holidays to you! I remember I was reading your book at this time last year! Now I have my own! :-)

Mandy

www.mandylifeafter30.com
www.learn-laugh-cook.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I think you all look beautiful!! And in the 2nd pic you all have the same eyes!! Happy Holidays from snowy, cold Chicago!!
Tracy K

I Hate to Weight said...

you look exactly the same as you did as a baby! you were just as adorable as your granddaughter, and that's saying a lot.

i was at a meeting today and a woman mentioned that she was 48. she looked more like 58 to me. but she's just two years older than me. i'm still wondering if that's what i really look like. yes, i think i'm 23, but you know, i have JOWLS.

Lori Biker said...

I love those pictures! We have great genes no matter how you look at it! You're so lucky to have the first picture.

gayle said...

I love these picture! You are very lucky to have them!