Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Vegas bound today!

Today Mom and I are heading back to Las Vegas after an absolutely wonderful time in Albany.  I never get to see everybody I want to, but I was able to spend a lot of really good quality time with my family this trip. 

Can you tell I was happy to see my Quirky Lesbian Aunt Joyce?  She had us in stitches earlier in the day when she was talking about how she always sees people who remind her of animals.  She's seen a frog, a buffalo, and even someone who looked like a pencil. Whenever she sees someone funny looking, she puts them on her prayer wall at church.  Straight to heaven for her!

She came in from Maine!

This pic was taken after Thursday night's event.  I'm with my youngest sister, Stacie, on the left and my brother, Steve, and sister Lori.

Four out of five Haber siblings

Doesn't Mom look great?  You'd never know that less than three months ago, she was in ICU.

Mom, my niece Marlee, and Lori

On Friday a bunch of us went up to the Saratoga Race Track. 

If I were a little smaller, maybe I could get a job as a lawn jockey

Click on that photo to get a better look at those shoes. I get so many compliments on them.  For those of you with small feet, Nine West has a children's line, which is available at Marshall's.  I take a 6 or 6 1/2, which is a size 4 in girl's, so I can wear kids' shoes if I want.  They are cuuuuute!

Here I am with my grandson, Connor, out in the paddock.  Shouldn't everyone have a beer-drinkin', horse-bettin' granny?  

Sitting out in the paddock

Yep, I bought him that shirt
With our dear friend Gina -- we've known her for 49 years!

On Saturday we hung out at Lori and Russ' pool.  The weather has been beautiful the whole time!

Hazel needs SPF 2000

Courtney and Hazel

Here's a pic of Hazel showing how much she loves her Aunt Lori.

Still the most serious baby on earth...

On Sunday I went over to see my old friend Chuck, who I told you about a while back.  He's in need of a kidney-liver transplant, and has a long road ahead of him.  Chuck's looking good, though, and I know that once the transplant is over, he'll have a new lease on life.  On Sunday night I took Connor to see Ted again; it was his second time and my third.  If I added up the cost of movie tickets I've spent on that film, I probably could have fed a poor African child for a year.

Last night we went out to see my son, Christopher, and his bride, Ketti.  They're freakin' adorable, and they have the cutest house and the cutest car, too.  They're just so cute!  Chris would kill me for all this cuteness, but it's true.

I don't care that he's 34.  He's still cute to me!

It's been a practically perfect trip; I just wish Mike could have been here.  But I'll see him later today, and that makes me happy!

The kids are back in school, Mom goes back to Boise on Wednesday, and real life will start up again soon.  Real life.  Not yet, though...

4 comments:

Taradharma said...

sounds like a great time was had by all. Love all the photos.

Would somebody please tell Hazel to LIGHTEN UP?!

lightning36 said...

Great photos. Looks like a wonderful time!

Mimi said...

I love those pics of Hazel, isn't she a scream?
Glad you had a good holiday, with plenty of sunshine by the look of it.
And I think I forgot in the last post to say "well done" on raising so much for that cause!

Debbie said...

Every time I see a picture of Hazel I just wanna give her a big mooch! She is too adorable! And she's getting so big!!!