Sunday, May 23, 2010

We always do what we're told

9:00 p.m. eastern Oklahoma

Writing this from the lobby of a Day's Inn in eastern Oklahoma. Yes, we finally made it out of New Mexico! I have a lot to tell you about our drive through the Texas pan handle and our stop in Oklahoma City, but we have to get back on the road--we're hoping to make it to Little Rock tonight.

So yesterday we passed this sign as we were driving along.


Good thing we had our scales in the car.


I wasn't too happy with what I saw.


Of course, the weigh stations are intended for truckers, so Lori waved them over.



They were totally into it! When Lori told the first guy he had to get weighed, he said, "You want me to put my truck on those scales?"

Why are we traveling with scales, you ask? Because I'm neurotic about my weight. My thought process was, I always gain weight when I'm in Albany and I don't want to balloon up this summer, so if I have my scales with me, I can stay on top of the situation. I know.

Anything for a laugh. Stay tuned...

8 comments:

gayle said...

I need to start weighing more!! You girls are having so much fun!!

Donna B. said...

LMAO!!! Now, I have heard every thing!! I cannot believe you are THAT anal about your weight! Then again, that sure explains why you look so good...happy travels...

dle said...

...I think I see a topic for another book....

Donna K said...

That story was hysterical when Lori told me about it! But it was even funnier seeing the pictures to go along with it! You two are something else! Can't wait for you to get here so I can join in on the fun. See you soon.

Tara said...

Now that right there looks like great fun! Glad to see you're making some progress across the country!

Mr. Lori Biker said...

You two are definitely making an impression on people across the country. I laughed my @$$ off.

Other Mikey's Julie said...

That is the funniest thing EVER!

~S said...

Holy piddle-pants!!! I'm LMAO and nearly peed on myself as I scrolled through these pictures!!! You gals can convince anyone to do ANYTHING!! :D