Thursday, April 29, 2010

What crazy thing have you Googled in the past 24 hours?

Tuesday night my dear friend Kri and I had a delicious, and I mean freakin’ delicious corned beef and cabbage dinner at McMullin’s Irish Pub. YUM! Anyway, as we were sipping our beers, she mentioned that earlier that day--for some reason I don’t remember--she Googled Jesus.

Not wanting to blow perfectly good Guinness out my nose, I swallowed and then burst out laughing. “You Googled Jesus?” But then I thought, hold on. Earlier that afternoon I did a crazy Google search of my own: “Welch’s grape juice kids.”

Not to sound mean, but the kids in those commercials scare me. Joe, my 25-year-old BFF and gray cubicle cellmate, totally agreed with me. There’s something wrong with them, we concluded. They’re like miniature adults in kids’ bodies. Alien adults, all from the same mold. Where do they find these kids? We had to know. So I Googled them.

So what crazy thing have you Googled lately? (I’m not saying Jesus is crazy.) (Just some of the people who follow him.) (Oh, snap! I totally didn’t expect to go there.) (But you know it’s true.)

Come on, fess up! What’s been in your search field?

8 comments:

Julie D said...

"Why is there Braille on the drive up ATM's?"

Seriously.

Mandy said...

"How to properly clean a vagina" for my two year old toddler. Yes, I realize that this is a shame that I have to google this... but they don't cover these things in parenting books or birth classes. And would we want some teacher really showing how its done anyway??? ;-)

Thank the beer for Google and searching in the privacy of your own homes, am I right!?

dle said...

....Julie I always wondered that myself !! Do I have to google it to find out why?

Anonymous said...

I googled weddings in Ocean City, MD today. :-)

Debbie said...

My husband just googled why are strawberries called strawberries ...

XOXO
Debbie

linda said...

I Googled "how can I make my child eat vegetables".

Sadly, I had already tried the 713,000 answers that came up and none worked.

Tara said...

The other Tara told me that her salesperson told her that her feet were smelly because she smoked. I couldn't resist Googling it to see if it was true:)

Todd said...

I was going to pass this by when I looked up and saw "other drummer one arm". My roommate swears that Rush's drummer, like the dude from Def Leopard, only has one arm. The jury's till out because I got interrupted and haven't gotten back to the search yet.