Please just bear with me while I let some random crap spill from my brain.
1. Do you absolutely hate the trend toward the "open design"
workplace? As if cubicles aren't bad enough, they're breaking them down
so now everyone can see everyone else floss their teeth or do God knows
what else at their desks. Glass offices are part of this brilliant
concept, too. Personally, I'd rather work in a Mississippi cotton field. This is just weird, people.
2. Speaking of weird, is HDTV a little creepy? I swear, I don't see people standing three feet away from me as clearly as I see the lines on Anderson Cooper's face from across the room.
3. Speaking of TV, remember how Mike called our cable company and asked for a lower rate and they gave us HBO for free for 3 months? Well, sure enough, there was a charge for $14.99 for HBO on our last bill, so I called and said what the hell? So now they're giving us HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz for free for 3 months. We'll see what the next bill says, though...
4. Speaking of Anderson Cooper, I would totally love to stay at The OUT NYC hotel, New York city's first gay, but straight-friendly, urban resort. Come on, you know it has to be well designed, right? But I'll bet you a lot of people would totally not stay there.
5. You know how sometimes things just ring true when you hear them? In Starbucks yesterday, a guy was talking about health care and said, "American doctors are taught only three things: cut, burn, and poison." I'd never heard it expressed that way, but man, I think he nailed it.
Chyawanprash, available at any Indian grocery store. It's a food supplement with herbs and spices that he said his grandmother used to give to him back in India. Well, November 2010 was more than a year and a half ago and the woman's husband is still alive. She said everyone in her family takes it and they feel great. And their hair is thicker. Of course, I stopped at the nearest Indian grocery store on my way home. Of course, I also bought some Indian shampoo because you never see Indian women with fine, thin, limp, shitty hair.
7. Chyawanprash tastes like drek, but I bet it's good for you. I'll also bet you almost any disease could be cured by a concoction involving baking soda, vinegar, or petroleum jelly.
8. Speaking of concoctions, does anyone remember Save the Baby? I didn't think they sold it anymore, but evidently you can still get it online.
9. Do you have little brown spots on your face from the sun? I do. My mother's grandmother used to say you can get rid of them by dabbing them with your spit first thing in the morning before you've eaten anything. Supposedly, your "fasting spit" is full of acid that will lighten those spots. So now I'm starting each day with a face full of gob.
10. Speaking of Mom, she's doing well. She says she feels better than she has in 6 months. Thank you again and again for your good wishes!