Saturday, June 23, 2012

Back home again, but not for long...

This has been a crazy couple of months--JazzFest in New Orleans at the beginning of May, then a visit to Boise and my mother's unexpected hospital stay, then two weeks in Albany for my son's wedding.  I'm glad to be home, sleeping in my own bed, but it's always hard to leave my family.  Connor came back to Vegas with me, though, so the fun isn't over yet.

Courtney drove us to the airport; I took this photo before we left.

Hazel and Courtney
She is one funny baby, always so serious.  But you can tell she was having a swinging time at the wedding.

Overjoyed to be with her granny
A big smile for the groom, Uncle Chris
I can't tell you how many people at the wedding were trying to get Hazel's attention so they could take a picture--she looked so damn cute.

Hazel!  HAZEL!  Over here!
But this is a baby who is perfectly content being on her own, checking out things like open guitar cases.


At one point, my sister Stacie came up to me and asked, "Can Hazel hear?" because she ignores everybody.  Almost everybody, that is.  My new daughter-in-law, Ketti, has a sweet and gentle brother who is "special."  With my own eyes, I saw Johnny call out, "Hazel!" from behind her, and I'll be damned if that kid didn't turn right around and look up at him.  He's the only one to whom she'd give the time of day.  Funny, huh?

Hazel and her pal, Johnny
That picture puts the biggest smile on my face.

Hope you're enjoying a great summer weekend.  I'll be traveling again soon--yep, it's just about time for that Disney trip.  Pray for me!

5 comments:

grrouchie said...

Those are some great pics - kid is precious with her constant pout :)

Taradharma said...

I imagine Hazel is wondering why people keep shouting at her! She is pondering the mysteries of the universe, after all.

~Coach said...

Linda Lou, live from everywhere but Las Vegas! ;) Hey, and do you have a twitter account punk? @desertcoach if so...

Meliss said...

Wow. You completely made my day. We all have a lot to learn from her!

You and your daughter are identical twins, by the way. Took me a while to figure out who was who!

Liz said...

Hazel likes Johnny because he's just like her - innocent and childlike. Kids are way smarter than we give them credit for. And, they don't judge. She could care less if he's "special" unlike many adults that would frown upon him.

What a precious picture of them together!! And what a sweet memory of your beautiful granddaughter!