Thursday, January 5, 2012

New year, new hair for me... and Jennifer Aniston, how could you?

Hey, check out this article where Jennifer Aniston admits that hair extensions ruined her hair.  Um...

WHY THE EFF WOULD JENNIFER ANISTON NEED HAIR EXTENSIONS??? 

Calm down, Linda...

If you've read my book or have been reading my blog for any length of time, you know that my hair is not exactly my best feature.  I can remember checking myself out in the mirror when I was like 8 years old and thinking, Man, I got some shitty hair going on here.  I swear, I'd take two inches off my chest and paste them on my thighs to be able to buy a shampoo or other hair product that wasn't plastered with the words "fine," "thin," or "limp."  God knows what I'd do for Jen's hair.

I'm getting to be more at peace with my hair, though.  I realize "I am not my hair" and that people who love me truly do not give a shit how craptastic my hair looks on any given day.  In fact, they don't even notice.  That is, not until I point it out to them.

For years and years I wore my hair quite short, figuring the less crappiness the better.  Even if I tried to grow it out, it would reach a point where it would look shitty to the tenth power and I'd go to the salon and tell my guy to cut it off.  In the past year or so, though, I've been letting it grow and it's longer than it's been in ages.  When people say, "Gee, Lin, your hair is getting long," just for yuks I like to tell them I'm growing it out for Locks of Love.  Recently I fed that line to my brother and he quipped back, "Isn't that like getting a liver from W.C. Fields?" 

Everyone in my family is a comedian.

The other day I came across this article that had some tips for fine hair.  One of the tips is to layer your hair, which is what I did when I got my hair cut back in November.   Another tip is to add layers of color to your hair.  Hmmmm....

Time to hit up my comic friend Lynn Yafchak.  She isn't just an experienced stylist, she's a freakin' magician.  Lynn was working on New Year's Day (because she's a nut and she loves what she does) and this time we played around with color.  My hair is now not only longer than it's been in years, but it's lighter than it's ever been, too.  As a life-long brunette, this took some getting used to, but the layered cut and the layers of color definitely make it look and feel thicker.

Me without makeup... scary!

Notice that my hair matches my robe, which matches my pajamas...  QUEER!  (I wrote this at 11:00 last night.)

Seriously, if you're in Las Vegas and need some magic done to your head, give Lynn a call at Lety's Salon on Tropicana and Topaz (702) 251-5757.  You will love her!

And now I shall leave you with this picture of Jen.  Note the layers of color.  Hmmm...  hair extensions, layers of color... 

Draw your own conclusions...

8 comments:

Mimi said...

wish Lynn was closer to here!
Your hair is lovely, Linda, i like that layered colour.
Funny, I think longer hair is nicer, i dislike short, tight hair on people my age (i.e.>50!)

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks gorgeous!

Julie D said...

I love the new look! Love the layers and the color. Lighter hair makes you look younger.. :)

Mine, right now, is fire engine red. Scary red. Red not found in nature. But...fun.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Love the new "do." And, I want to marry Jennifer Aniston. That is all. ;-)

Caz Wilson said...

OMG I love your hair!!! The color suits you so well!!

Josie said...

Love the new dimension the different shades give your hair. You look at least 5 years younger.

Mandy said...

Linda,
The new hair looks great. My hair looks thicker when it is a lighter shade as well. I think the blond highlights make the scalp less prominent. I think I need some new year's highlights!
Mandy

Debbie said...

I feel so betrayed!!! I thought Jennifer's hair was all her own!!!