Last January my sister Lori and I made the following psychic predictions for 2009 on our Aging Nymphs radio show. As you can see, um, we’re not exactly gifted in that way. (Although the year isn’t over yet!)
1. Pluto will once again become a planet. Not yet.
2. Jack Klugman will remain healthy. (Note: I didn't think he was still alive, but I guess Jack Klugman is the new Abe Vigoda.) Well, I don’t know if he’s healthy, but he’s still alive.
3. A famous person will come out of the closet--possibly Condoleeza Rice, maybe Oprah (to be like Ellen, not Rosie). Does Meredith Baxter-Birney count?
4. Fidel Castro will die in a boating accident on his way to Miami. Not yet.
5. A law passes mandating death row prisoners to donate their bodies to science. Not yet.
6. Oprah will become the next Jenny Craig spokeswoman. Not yet.
7. This will be a great year for Will Smith. Well, it’s a better year for Will Smith than, say Patrick Swayze, but would you call it great?
8. Something spectacular will happen in the music world, like another Woodstock-type concert or maybe a No Nukes reunion!! (OMG, can you imagine?) Hmmm… I might give her this. That Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concert they’re showing on HBO might just qualify.
9. Letterman's ratings will go way up. Conan will be no competition for him. YEP! Letterman’s ratings soared after his sex scandal.
Okay, here are mine. You have to appreciate the high degree of specificity, even if only one came true.
1. By the end of September, the Dow will have had 10 consecutive days above 10,000, but will lose more than 30 percent of its value during October. The Dow didn’t sink in October, but it has stayed above 10,000 since November 5. Keep in mind that when I made this prediction on January 8, the Dow closed at 8742.62. Give me partial credit, huh?
2. Ted Kennedy will die within 5 days of May 29, JFK’s birthday. D’oh! Ted Kennedy died on August 25.
3. So will Loretta Lynn. D’oh! (But good for Loretta)
4. Regis Philbin will have health problems in mid-July and will be replaced indefinitely on the Live program. D’oh! (But good for Regis)
5. Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer will break up for good at the end of February (he'll stick around for her 40th birthday on February 11) and she will not be seriously associated with another man for the remainder of the year. CLOSE! Rumors about their break-up started circulating on March 11.
6. Clint Eastwood will edge out Philip Seymour Hoffman for Best Actor and he’ll be present at the Oscars to accept. WAY off! Clint Eastwood wasn’t even nominated for Best Actor this year.
7. Dolly Parton will finally come out of the closet in April. (Isn't this amazing that Lori and I separately predicted a female celebrity to come out?!) Nope.
Okay, so we’re not psychic, but tomorrow (Wednesday) night, Lori and I have a guest on our Aging Nymphs show who really is psychic. My favorite tarot card reader, Prudence Theriault, Certified Tarot Master, is going to be joining us and will take your calls. So if you’ve ever wanted to speak to a psychic without incurring the 900 number fees, now’s your chance!
To listen or join the conversation, simply go to our Blog Talk Radio website at 7:00 Pacific/10:00 Eastern and click on the show’s title. Call the number on the screen to join the conversation, or you can listen to the show archives anytime by clicking a link on the right sidebar of this site.
This is guaranteed to be an interesting show, so don’t forget!
You are insane. THANK GOD. That's all. My late sister read Tarot cards, but one time, after reading someone's, she threw the cards away and said, "I think I would rather just see the future like everyone else. As it happens."
Of course, she still DID see things sometimes before they happened, but she never discussed the cards again.
I predict that there will be horrible stuff and great stuff and that I pretty much will predict things bass-ackwards all the way through!
Again. You are nuts. SO glad I found your blog...
"You are insane." "You are nuts."
Why do I take that as an awesome friggin' compliment? Thanks, Jeanette!
Yup. You understood POYFECTLY.
I love that you even try to predict what will happen! (and I think Meredith Baxter Bernie counts...I used to LOVE Family Ties!)
Well let's see if 2010 is a better prediction year.
Can't wait to check it out!
That's such a cool idea. Maybe my sis and I can do predictions as well. You and you sis were a little close to some of the predictions.
Hilarious - you know Regis just had hip surgery and has temporary replacements - that is pretty darn close!
Post a Comment